Arguably the simplest seitan that's ever existed.
Simple. Delicious. Bullet Proof.
Brought from the depths of the internet to a Youtube near you.
Ingredients for a 2 serving loaf:
- 1/2 cup seitan mix
- 1/2 cup water
Note: for more servings, you can simply make larger loaves using this same 1:1 mix-to-water ratio. In our experience loaves with up to 6 servings work (make the loaf longer while keeping it roughly the same diameter).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (or use Instant Pot -- see below)
- Mix 1/2 cup PACKED seitan mix with 1/2 cup water until well combined. There should be no dry spots and it should not be watery. If too dry, add a bit more water, if too wet, add a bit more seitan mix ;-)
- Oil a piece of aluminum foil
- Shape mix into a log
- Tightly wrap log with oiled foil 2-3 times and twist the ends closed
- Bake for 45 minutes or...
- Instant pot: place wrapped log in Instant Pot and cover with 6 cups water: manual setting for 10 minute then let the steam release naturally or quick release
- Ideal (but not required), let the loaf cool for 10 minutes before unwrapping and enjoying
What to do with the seitan loaf?
Use in stir frys, over rice, in a salad, sandwich, or anywhere you'd use meat! More recipes coming soon!